I am a Computer Science Bachelor graduate (– ) from Université de Moncton who's been working on Web Front-End at Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (formerly Industry Canada) for the past 10 years.
Front-End Developer – Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (Industry Canada)
Working with designers to implement mockups and prototypes in the browser and iterate to a final product. Implemented front-end tool chain which includes version control (git), code linting (js/sass), and a local development environment.
Web Publisher – Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (Industry Canada)
Working with clients to convert Word and PDF documents to HTML
Part of Industry Canada CSS Working Group creating a style guide of reusable components.
Provided training on HTML, CSS and Accessibility
- OC Transpo GPS Bus Tracker
- Using the OC Transpo API to track the next buses' GPS location at my morning bus stop. This way, I can spend the least amount of time waiting for the bus outside in the winter. I'm also using the navitia API to get the scheduled times for the upcoming buses.
- Nearby Airplanes Tracker
- Tracking nearby airplanes using a ADS-B capable antenna. Completely useless, but kinda fun.
- Water Usage Tracker
- Tracking water usage from the Automated Meter Reading (AMR) device on our house with a software defined radio (SDR) receiver.
- We All Profit.ca
- Directory of social enterprises in the Ottawa region.